Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Playgroup

When DN was 2.5 months old, I signed him up for a weekly playgroup class at Babies and Cream @ GWC. A bit of an overkill, I know, but I was desperate. The website promised Baby Yoga, Baby Massage, Musical Moments (whaaat???), blah blah blah... ah whatever! I just don't want to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars anymore!

Anyway, he just finished his 6th and last session on Saturday, and I must say, he behaved really well in all the sessions! Out of 6 sessions, he

* fell asleep in only 3 sessions
* did a major puke in only 2 sessions
* cried hysterically in only 1 session

The only weird thing about the class is this 1 exercise...

All of us hold our babies and get into a circle. Then we start walking around in the circle and chant positive affirmations for our babies, like how we want them to grow up. It went like this,"EH-very day and EH-very way, I'm GROW-wing more and more ______!!!" So we each take turns to fill in the blank with positive qualities like generous / healthy / creative... (of course, I really wanted to say "HAIR" when it was DN's turn, but I think the teacher wouldn't be too pleased) As we chant, we march in a circle and at the end of each affirmation, we all swing our babies into the middle of the circle and go, "WHEEEEE!"

?????

IT WAS SO WEIRD! I FELT LIKE I WAS IN A CULT!

Anyway, PF took some pictures of DN and 2 of his playmates. (all sept babies!) PF took like 10 million pictures but babies love to vibrate, so only 2 came out remotely decent. -_- And of course, NO ONE is looking at the camera... that would really have been asking for too much!


Jovann, DN & Cayden


don't ask me what they are all looking at... (obviously not PF's camera!)

No comments: