Saturday, March 17, 2007

Received this SMS from PF today...

"Managed to find diapers for puppy? Hows the pupsmister? I mee him... he very q in the morning... i enjoy the time with him then..."

Parlez vous Francais? Hah? Ni Jiang Shen Me? Let me explain!

Managed to find diapers for puppy?
- I spent the day at my mom's today and in true I-am-June-the-one-whose-brain-is-in-her-backside fashion, I brought EVERYTHING except diapers. Not a single one. Zilch. Zero. Kosong. Nada.
- "Puppy" is a nickname PF and I have for DN since he's born in the year of the dog. We've been calling him that since 2004. Yes, 2 years before he was even born. (family planning mah!)

Hows the pupsmister?
- Another nickname for DN. Supposed to be "pup-MEISTER". (I married PF for his good heart, not his spelling.)

I mee him.
- My best friend and I used to play this game where we drop the last consonants of words, just to see who can sound more idiotic and foolish. (It's a tie!!) So "June" becomes "Joo" and "foolish" becomes "foo-lee". I was doing it SO much that PF started doing it too. (It's really fun lah!) So anyways, PF was trying to say "I miss him" and not "I 'noodle' him".

He very q in the morning... I enjoy the time with him then.
- Again, it's The Attack of the Foolish Last Consonant Droppers. When you drop the last consonant in "cute", you get "Q"!
- Let's ignore the missing verb "is". (I married PF for his civic-mindedness, not his grammar.)
- DN wakes up around 7am. When he wakes, he starts to creep/crawl/shuffle all around the bed and keeps knocking into us until we wake up. (An uphill task!) When we finally wake up, I get out of bed to pump milk while PF lies in bed to talk to / play with DN. DN is always very agreeable in the mornings so it's PF's favourite time with him.
- Awwwww... :D

No comments: