Saturday, April 14, 2007

I love the weekend :D

When PF asks me what I'd like to do when the weekend rolls around, I usually say, "Let's hang out at home." Egad! I'm a hermit! I was never like this before. In fact, we used to joke that our home was like a hotel (minus room service & housekeeping, shucks) coz we only went back there to sleep.

Now, I love staying at home with DN. He's so much more fun to be with now, compared to when he was just a wee baby. Okay, it's not like we're having intellectual conversations about capital punishment or baking cookies together, but I just enjoy being with him. Granted when it's nap time his Mr Hyde persona blossoms, but when he's not cranky, he's quite a funny chap.

Today I did all the things that I miss out on on weekdays when he's at my MIL's place, like...
  • Giving him a bath (he likes slapping the water)
  • Preparing his lunch of rice cereal
  • Feeding him
  • Playing with him & his toys

Simple stuff really, nothing to write home about, but it's the only time when I'm really a MOM. And, bless the little guy, although he's with my MIL from 830am to 630pm from Mondays to Fridays, I'm still the one he looks for and crawls to when he wants a cuddle, and at night, he goes to sleep the quickest when I'm the one cuddling him. :D

Nothing beats an adoring baby when it's time for an ego boost eh?

Some photos I took today. Thanks to WP & B for the montage idea!

And of course, the icing on the cake is this photo I took with THE PHONE. A gem! A gem I say!


Before THE PHONE



After THE PHONE

(look closely, the new eyebrows are the same as his original ones! LOL!)

No comments: