Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Walking!

DN started cruising around the house when he was about 9-10 months old and it took him about 2 months to master "walking" (if you can call "staggering around in a drunken stupor" walking).

It's amazing how fast these babies learn. Last week, DN's legs and brain were still not cooperating with each other. His head said, "Walk to Mom and get a hug" but his legs said, "What's that toy WAY over there?" So he would look at you, but his body would move in the opposite direction! Anyway, that was last week. This week, DN is walking (almost) normally. Heh.

He usually starts off with a gleam in his eye that says, "Grrr! My. Legs. Are. Going. To. Bring. Me. THERE!" Then his little legs stumble forward and his arms start flaying about. He wobbles from side to side and this prompts his arms to flap about in a more agitated fashion. As he nears his destination, he picks up speed. At the end, he manages to find one last burst of energy and LUNGES forward and FLINGS himself into the awaiting lap. I'm not joking. We usually wait with arms open, ready to catch a self-propelled, flying baby.

Aiyoh. Very scary. Watch and see for yourself.



A funny thing happened a few days ago. I left my nursing pad on a low table and DN picked it up. I thought he was going to start chewing on it, but he didn't. He stood up, turned, walked towards me, pulled my t-shirt and tossed it in!

Oh gosh. I couldn't stop laughing!

No comments: