Monday, October 01, 2007

Does DN like hotcakes?

It has been a running joke between PF and I that when we finally have kids, we will leave the baby at home when we go out because we are just so forgetful. Thankfully, we have done no such thing. (His royal highness will make sure of that. -_-) BUT! We have made so many u-turns to go home and get something that it's not funny. We have forgotten the baby's porridge / bowl & spoon / water / pacifier / stroller / baby carrier...

I attribute this absent-mindedness to my brain cells fizzling out, evaporating or exploding during labour (like I had enough to begin with!) because I now have the memory of a fish. (which is a myth by the way because apparently, you CAN train goldfish) That's MY excuse. I don't know what PF's excuse is.

On Sunday, we forgot that we had run out of baby cereal (don't ask) so my idea was to go to McDonald's. Hotcakes seem quite baby-tummy-friendly and DN is always salivating over our food, so he's sure to like the hotcakes. In fact, I was convinced the 2 hotcakes in the Happy Meal wouldn't be enough, so I told PF to bring some of his baby biscuits out. Perfect! McDonald's has high chairs, Happy Meals, toys and lots of serviettes, what could go wrong right?

Damn that Murphy dude. DN hated them hotcakes! :(

DN ate like 5 little pieces in total. Everytime he put one in his mouth, he had this god-awful look on his face. Then he'd stick his fingers into his mouth, dig it out and squish it before ...

... it fell on his t-shirt, high chair, shoes and floor.










This was my breakfast that day, ON TOP OF what PF ordered for me from Toastbox - Kaya Butter Thick Toast and teh-o-kosong. I've turned into a dustbin!

No comments: