Sunday, April 20, 2008

DN's famous!

... er, sort of... (heh heh!)

Funny Bee and I brought DN for a Swirl Swap Swop at the Swirl Boutique (love their clothes!) yesterday. What is a "swirl swap swop"? The idea's simple. Springclean your wardrobe. Bag the stuff you don't wear anymore (or, in my case, CAN'T wear anymore). Bring it down to Swirl. Toss it on the floor. Sift through the pile for stuff that other people don't want. Eat a cupcake. Drink some orange squash. Stop toddler from destroying assorted vintage props lying around the shop. (eg: rare typewriter) And that's it!

I saw someone make off with two of my stuff - a Diesel dress that I can only squeeze one leg into now, and a long ethnic skirt with bells (don't ask) that I never had the guts to wear.

I also overhead another lady remark, "Aiyoh, why so small one?!" when my stuff was added to the pile. Part of me beamed, "YEAH! She said 'small'! I'm not fat!" Then the other non-deluded half said, "Oi. You brought stuff that you USED to be able to wear." -_-

No matter. As long as the toddler had fun, what's another bruised, deflated, squashed, flat-as-prata ego?

Before going, I was worried that DN would leave the store in a post-El Nino state. Dresses off their hangers, bags on the floor, torn art work... but none of that happened because the big pile of clothes in the middle of the shop was enough to keep him occupied for the hour that we were there. :D He rummaged through the pile, carried clothes from sofa to pile to sofa to pile to sofa again, held out pink tops at other swoppers, gestured at the takings of other swoppers, ate one chocolate cupcake and...

... "posed" for pictures. ;)

(taken by Zann, one of the Swirl girls)









He's been mentioned in one of their blog posts. Ah, such is fame.

HA!

No comments: