Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dim Sum... Dim Sum...

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love the depth and breadth and height
Of carrot cake, oh let me take a bite!
Har gow, siew mai, char siew bao,
I love thee like I love my pacifier,
by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, steamed pork dumplings!
I love thee purely, fried wan tons!
I love thee with a passion unashamed,
Chee cheong fun, hum sui kok and chicken feet.
I love thee with a love I reserve
For water play on hot hot days.
I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life.
And, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better for lunch.

I hope Elizabeth Barrett Browning is not rolling over in her grave. :p

DN really loves dim sum. I think it's because there's a constant stream of food arriving at the table. Oh dear, he looks like a bao in this pic.


There are so many things wrong with this picture I don't know where to start. The giant baos? The pink trishaw dressed in tulle, lace and feathers? The fluffy pink stuffed heart cushions?
The fact that DN seems so at home in this monstrosity of a vehicle???

No comments: