Monday, August 25, 2008

Oishi !

You seldom see me blogging about cooking because, let's face it, PF didn't marry me because of my fried rice. I am the same gormless soul who made french toast with 2 tablespoons of salt. (In my defense, it was 5.30am and I was 13. I was SO disappointed when I took a big excited bite on the school bus and almost threw up on my sister.)

My mom came over for dinner yesterday and she made sushi for DN! It's pseudo sushi because we didn't use Japanese rice and we didn't have a sushi mat. But who cares? DN scoffed them down (he ate 10) at a supersonic speed.

Oishi!


I bought "snack seaweed strips", the kind that comes in 1-inch pieces. It was $2+ and we got it from Kimisawa.





Just put some rice in the middle and roll it up. Easy! My mom also put a small piece of asparagus inside. You can add whatever you want - egg, cheese, pork floss, ham, whatever!


DN, the resident fan tong (rice bucket), absolutely loved it. :)

No comments: