Monday, November 10, 2008

Countdown... to DN's arrival!

Woot! We finally fixed a date for DN to join me here! I won't be seeing him for another 4 more weeks (ugh...) but this is good news because we've never fixed a date before. A long long long time ago (August), the original plan was for DN and PF to fly up together with me. It was going to be a BIG MOVE for all of us. "Was" being the operative word here.

As you already know, I ended up coming here alone, and have been here for just over 6 weeks. It'll be another 4 more weeks before I see DN again. 10 weeks! 10 weeks! Golly, I never signed up for 10 weeks away from DN. The first 2 weeks were just awful. I missed him every night, his smell, his snores and how he'd half-shuffle and half-snuggle up to me at night. I was quite depressed and moody and even flared up with PF, by typing in ALL CAPS while we were chatting on MSN once. Ha!

And do you know what I literally missed? I missed DN's speaking explosion! Grrr... Apparently, he's been talking much more now and is quite the parrot. And I missed all of that. -_- So how have I been coping with the moping?

By shopping!


This was on sale at ELC for £16 (20% off). I know both boys are going to have fun with this one. I too, had to restrain myself from ripping the box apart to play with it.
I've also been making my rounds around the charity shops and I picked up these books for DN. I was so pleased to find the book "Going on a Plane" because he would just have been on a plane and will probably recognise everything. That book only cost me 35p I think.

And I've been keeping my empty toilet rolls, egg cartons and containers. Don't ask me what we're going to do with them, I don't know yet.

No comments: