Friday, December 19, 2008

Wonder Dad

PF took care of DN when I left in September. His parents looked after DN during the day while PF worked, and he (sort of) flew solo at night and on weekends. You know how all superheroes have one special ability right? Superman - flight. Wolverine - regeneration. Hulk - superhuman strength. Well, Wonder Dad has one too - DN translator!

DN : "Me chain ku, shey yi!"
Me : "What???"
DN : "Me chain ku, shey yi, shey yi!"
Me : "???"
WD : "He wants to change (chain) his pants (ku) and wear his pajamas (shui yi)."
Me : "!!!"

DN : "Bi roar ree dair, bi roar ree dair!"
Me : "Hah???"
DN : "Bi roar ree dair, BI ROAR REE DAIR!"
WD : "It's a big lorry there."
Me : "What the..? How did you..?"

DN : "Me tui show rer, me ti show rer!"
Me : "Translator!!!"
DN : "Me tui show rer, SHOW RER!"
WD : "He wants to push (tui) the stroller (show rer)."
Me : "Yeah yeah. Show off."

What would I do without the DN-translator?

Tonight, Wonder Dad figured out how to use the onigiri mold and made a fancy Shinkansen onigiri for DN's dinner. DN's mouth literally dropped open when he saw his dinner. He was so pleased!

You would smile like this too if you had such a pretty dinner.

And he surprised me one morning when he gave me this. I decided not to pose with my onigiri like DN (above), because come on, I am a mature individual with poise and decorum. *TSK!*

But look! My onigiri has Christmas trees on it! I'm SO going to show off during lunch. I bet I'll have the best lunch in class. Hee hee heeeee!


My Lunch Bento (clockwise from top) : Sesame Snaps, Cereal, Special Onigiri, (half) Ham sandwich, Apricots, Almonds

No comments: