Monday, March 09, 2009

DN hearts Breakfast

My little popadum is a funny one. Here are the top 5 phrases (arranged according to frequency) he says in the morning when he wakes up. Honest to goodness, he doesn't say anything else.

#5 : Good morning Mummy/Papa!
#4 : Mummy/Papa wake up!
#3 : Mummy/Papa stand up!
#2 : Why can't the two of you just wake up already?! I want to go downstairs!

... and the number 1 phrase...

#1 : I want cookies!

So yeah, DN wakes up ready to eat breakfast. For breakfast, he always gets a cup of soya milk, fruits, some carbo (bread/cereal) and protein (ham/eggs). All pretty easy to throw together in the morning because I can't really be counted on when I'm in my zombie state. I mean, I have served guests salty coffee before, and once I made french toast with 2 tablespoons of salt instead of sugar. :p

Here's what I made for DN's breakfast on Saturday morning. Hee! From L to R: Cereal, Quail Eggs (with a small bottle of soya sauce), Dried Fruits (apricots, raisins) and Ham and Apple Chutney Sushi Sandwiches.

On the bottom layer (L to R): Pear Stars and Flowers, Seedless Grapes, Mandarin Oranges

DN ate the quail eggs first. Then he unrolled ALL the "sushi" and ate only the ham. -_- The mandarin oranges were a bad idea because I totally forgot about the seeds in them. He chewed on one slice and spat it out when he got to the seed. And that was it, he refused to touch the rest. He ate some grapes and pears, nibbled on some cereal but left the dried fruits alone.

This bento thing is quite fun buuuuut... honestly, I don't know how long I'm going to last!

No comments: