Friday, April 10, 2009

Longdown Activity Farm


You know how once in a while, you put things off for SO LONG that it literally becomes embarrassing to pick up the activity again? For example, vowing to learn how to rollerSKATE (not rollerBLADE). Well, this post is almost embarrassing to post because it's so overdue. I meant to upload this in DECEMBER when we actually went to the farm, and whoops, it's April! :(

One weekend in December, we brought DN to Longdown Activity Farm, about a half hour drive from where we were staying. It was free for DN and £7 for each of us. What a fun morning! The farm had half-hourly activities like:

1. Bottle Feeding the Goat Kids
2. Duck Feeding (OMG, you should how these ducks eat! Pushing, shoving, climbing over each other... no decorum whatsoever, tut tut.)

3. Bull Shaving


JUST KIDDING! This guy was just hanging out in a pen, showing off his long locks. Check out that fringe.

4. Small Animal Handling

Oooh, this was FUN. DN got to handle fluffy little chicks and rabbits. For a while, I was so afraid he was going to CRUSH the chicks. (I dunno, I think my son is the incredible hulk or something.) But DN was really so gentle with the little critters. Do not be deceived by this innocent-looking little rabbit with floppy ears. It's a crocodile in rabbit's clothing. Really. They should put this guy behind bars.

What I thought was a little sniff of DN's trousers was well, NOT!

I really really wanted to ride on the tractor (city mouse lah) but dang, it wasn't running because of the weather. Grrr... DN would have LOVED that. So we found small ones for him to play on, haha.


They also sold organic, free-range eggs at the farm, and you could pick your own. The children kept opening the lids to check for eggs... open-shut-open-shut-open-shut-open-shut... No wonder none of the chickens wanted to lay eggs in there. "Excuse me, I'm passing something out of my bottom, can I have some privacy PLEASE!"

Fancy keeping some chickens at home?

No comments: