Friday, May 22, 2009

First Day of School

Is it that wrong to feel guilty leaving your child in childcare and wanting to steal him out of there and keep him at home for the rest of his life? Ooops. My mom joked that my separation anxiety was worse than DN's. Haha, mom.

As a parent, I'm allowed to hang around the centre for the child's first 3 days of school. Honestly, I really didn't know what to do. I knew hanging around him like a leach probably wouldn't help him transition into school life, but I also didn't want to throw him into the deep end straight away.

On the morning of Day 1, I sat in a little, but away in a corner of the classroom. He did cry some and was always looking out for me, but it was okayyy... not great, but alright. During free play, I took a quick picture and quietly backed out of the classroom. He likes trains. :)

He had a mini-meltdown when it was shower time. Just REFUSED to let the aunty shower him, so I had to do it. Strike 1 against mommy. :P It was lunch after shower time and they had spaghetti with minced chicken, carrots and broccoli. I know this looks really bad, like DN just threw back up into his bowl, but it's really the combination of pink table, green bowl and horrible lighting!

Er... *sheepish*... yes, I was sitting next to him as I took this picture. Ooops. And I had to step in and feed him some because he just eats so slowwwly. Double oops. Strike 2! But he ate most of it, so I'm quite relieved about that.

It was apples for dessert and DN asked for seconds. I think Miss Elsie panchang him because it was his first day. He got an extra half a slice. I was like, "Hah? DN can eat a whole apple at home!" Of course he wasn't satisfied, haha.


Er yes... we are Hokkiens!!!!! Can't you tell? ;)

No comments: