Thursday, September 03, 2009

DN's 3rd Birthday Party (part 2)


I think DN's favourite part of the party has got to be the birthday song part. You should have seen his face - it was absolutely gleeful. As everyone sang the birthday song, he was smiling to himself and staring at his cake (which he didn't really eat, humph!) the entire time. It was so funny to watch. Seeing him so happy just made my day. Made all the frantic running around before the party all worth it.
The cake was a dairy-free, wheat-free and gluten-free one. The baker actually asked me if I wanted it sugar-free too. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Of course not! I liked the cake. It was lighter than other usual chocolate cakes so not as tasty, but the fudgey chocolate sauce on top was pretty good. PF hated the cake and thought it was gross. LY thought it tasted like tofu. But it really wasn't that bad!

Of course, we HAD to take pictures with the cake! With Mickey ears! Although they looked more like pimples on PF's head, hohoho.

Here's the little family again, all donning DN's trademark fake smile.

Now, this one, I'm not sure what kind of smile it is. Probably something like a I-can't-believe-these-are-all-my-presents-are-these-all-MINE???-yes-they-ARE!!! kind of smile.

No comments: