Saturday, December 04, 2010

Hello again!

I feel really really rotten for ignoring this blog for half a year. When I started it in 2006, I chronicled DN's every major milestone and you can really see him growing up on this blog. So I feel terrible that DS doesn't have the same thing. Sorry Mei Mei! :(

But it's hard trying to juggle work and two kids. Something's got to give right?

But I'm not going to let this blog die just like that! I'm going to keep it simple but I promise to post SOMETHING at least once a week. (God help me!) I hope I can stick to this plan. It's been pretty pretty crazy at work.

First up, a DS update. My little girl is now 1 year and 3 months old. Can you believe it? I blinked and 15 months flew past. She's a spicy one, this one, and had us all deceived the first few months of her life. Compared to DN, she slept better (so WE slept better), sat in the pram better, sat in the car seat better (no possessed baby type of screaming like you-know-who) and basically let you do anything to / with her, no complaints. Biggest plus point? She never needed a pacifier! An amiable and pleasant baby.

Well done June, I told myself (*pat on back*), good thing you kept up with the Community Chest donations!

Fast forward to now and why I say she deceived us all. She's spicy! If she's unhappy with something, she will Make. It. Known. And the neighbours will know it too. She doesn't give her brother face at all and if she's unhappy with him, trust me, he will know about it. Once, it cost him some hair on his head. Which then caused me to lose mine because I had 2 screaming monkeys on my hands for half an hour.

What else? Well last week, she screamed at her doctor when he vaccinated her. First, the screams were screams of shock. Then it was pain. But that didn't last long because they soon morphed into screams of anger. We could tell because she wasn't crying (no tears) and to put it simply, she looked pissed off! Her face was red, she was staring at poor Dr Keoy and shouting at him in her baby language. Dr Keoy kept muttering, "She's tough. She's tough. She's tough."

So he gave her a biscuit and all was peaceful again. Easily bribed, just like her brother!

So yes, Mei Mei is a spicy one. Don't let that smile fool you!










Next up... a DN update. Stay tuned. ;)

1 comment:

Dadaluff said...

I love your pictures! Great way to document her... And I totally understand what you said, I too have neglected blogging about my new baby and her older sister! Great to have u back!