Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jump Hair

I've been meaning to write about this for the longest time because it's quite, uhm, interesting.

When DS was born, she had normal baby hair. Not too much, not too little, very soft. From the looks of her, I had no idea her hair would soon grow a mind of its own and do its very best to defy gravity. Now that I look back at her old photographs, I should have guessed. The signs were all there!

See?!
DS - 1.5 months old
Initially, she looked kind of okay. It was just the hair on top that was reaching for the sky. And it was kind of pyramid shaped too, so she even looked... cool. And honestly, at that time, I didn't really notice the hair. I was sleep-deprived remember? Not much oxygen in the brain.

Over the next two months, the pyramid had time to grow. And it became... "curly". Okay lah, still quite cute since she looked like Tin Tin and I like Tin Tin. She had already started losing hair but as you can see, it was only on the sides. The top was still going strong!

DS - 4 months old
At six months old, DS was almost bald so I thought, "A chance to start afresh!" (although tufty still reigned supreme). 
DS - 6 months old
It kinda went downhill from there. Or maybe UPHILL?!

Yikes. Who let the baby stick her finger into the socket?!

After a while, DS stopped channeling the Tin Tin vibes and went with Krusty the Clown.
Someone's obviously been dipping into the durian stash.
Beware. Porcupine ahead.
When DS was 1 year old, she still looked more durian than baby. In the first few months of her hair-volution (haha), I was quite disturbed. I bought clips to tame the mane but it was useless. One clip did diddly squat. Two clips? Who are we kidding? She needed twenty to look human. When we went out, people would ask, "What happened to her hair?" or say things like, "Wah, her hair is so... cute! (read : Why does she look like a toilet brush?)" and give us advice like, "Put olive oil / Shave her head / Use less shampoo..." Bah... After a while, even DN starting calling his sister's hair "Jump Hair".

LOLOLOLOL!

But now, I love it! I love my durian baby and her crazy hair! I can't get enough of it!

Now that DS is almost 16 months old, her hair has all grown out and she doesn't look like she's from Fraggle Rock anymore. But after naps, she still can look a little, erm, frazzled!


No comments: