Monday, March 26, 2007

Baby Friends

I helped to organise a trial session for a Baby Class for some of the mommies I met on the forum. The class was conducted at Babies N Cream @ Great World City and there were 6 mommies & babies altogether - Jasmine & Jadelle, Eileen & Dylan, Megan & Clarice, E-ling & Amabel and Emma & Enzo.

Aiyoh, I love these things. Some weird, warped part of me gets a great kick out of seeing all these little babies together. They are so innocent and "honest" with their actions. If they want to touch, lick, squeeze, climb on top of another baby, they just do it! (or at least, that's what DN was doing -_-)


Here he is, trying to pat Clarice on the back.




Now he's reaching out for Dylan's... ear???


Horrors! Touch not enough, must also crawl on other babies!








During the class, we did some baby yoga with our babies, including the Tree Pose, amongst others. hmm... a bit tricky that one, seeing as DN still has wobbly-jelly-legs. There was singing, some stretches (for their vestibular system, to build their sense of balance) and ... THE FUNNY CULT CHANTING THING AGAIN! (see my post on 26 December 2006)

Imagine 6 mommies walking around in a circle, chanting good things about their babies and swinging their babies into the middle with a "wheeeee!!!" (I s*** you not) at the end of every verse. It felt like "Witches and Babies Convention 2007". The only thing that was missing was the smoking cauldron and some bats.

But $13.10 only. Cannot complain.

One of the fun bits in the class was when the teacher blew bubbles into the air. DN kept looking at the bubbles as they floated around him and reaching out to touch them. Aiyoh, very cute. Another activity which I liked was when we rolled these big rubber balls to each other as we sat in a circle. DN actually STOPPED wriggling like worm to stare at the balls. I tried doing that at home today, but because it was just me and DN, I had to roll-throw the ball at the wall so it'd bounce back. Of course, my inferior ball skills almost killed my baby because I rolled-threw the ball so hard that it came flying back and almost hit DN. :(


Touch! Touch! Touch!






The Organising Committee of the "Witches and Babies Convention 2007"

(touching each other again!)


Amabel, wisely refusing to be part of the touchy-feely gang


















Clockwise : Enzo, Jadelle (hidden), Clarice, Dylan, DN

The Organising Committee discussing how to convince Amabel to join in

Jadelle, already headhunted by Cirque du Soleil



Jadelle, DN, Clarice, Red Ball, Purple Ball


DN : "Mom, this looks vaguely familiar... like the thing you almost hit me with."


DN : "My mommy almost killed me with one of these at home."

Clarice : "You don't say!"



DN : "Well, I love animals and am very easy-going. My idea of a good date is a warm bottle of milk, some tummy time and maybe sharing some pureed pear."


DN : "Hey Dad! I think she likes me!"

Clarice (thinking) : "I'm not going out with someone who has less hair than me."

No comments: