Friday, March 02, 2007

My First Date!

DN is 6 months old today (Happy B'day Bubs!) and til today, I have NEVER brought him out alone. Yup yup. Never. What a chicken right? *puck! puck! puck!*

Since I had to take leave to take care of him today, (MIL busy handing-over their old place) I decided to meet some of the other Sept Moms (and babies!) at the Baby Fair at Suntec City. DN and I met Ling & Sophie, Doreen & Damien, June & Jayden, Emma & Enzo, PL & Trinity, Jasmine, Brenda and Sha.

So, DN and I went out on our "first date" today. No lamp post (i.e. PF) in sight, haha. It was just me and my little man. (and a diaper bag and my ergo carrier) So how did it go? Well, let's just say that I'm very glad I have a husband! And I don't think I'll be asking DN out for a 2nd date anytime soon. (He's quite a fussy date... -_-)

It's not that he was difficult to handle, it's just that if there's an extra pair of hands, I can actually shop and BUY STUFF! (Had to refrain from walking into various shoe shops on the way to Raffles City. What's the point of looking if I can't bring them home???)

Overall, I think both of us did quite well. DN was very agreeable 75% of the time. Our accomplishments :

1. He took 2 naps in the Ergo.
2. I tried on a nursing bra (the salesgirl carried him while I was in the changing room).
3. We both managed to look composed when I bumped into one of my ex-students, Steffi (who's prob reading this now - Hi Steffi!) and her mom & friend.
4. We walked all the way to Raffles City via Citilink without incident.
5. I bought a new cooler bag and new teats at Robinsons.
6. He got through the entire date WITHOUT vomitting!!!!! (most impressive)

... and (this is not an accomplishment) he managed to embarrass me by...

7. Reaching over to June's Jayden and pulling out his pacifier! (HORRORS!!!)

Sorry, no pics this time. Today was more like a "feat" instead of a "date". Taking pictures along the way would really have been pushing the envelope!


That's DN and Sophie. :D

Photo courtesy of Ling (Sophie's mom), who took this pic with a camera the size of a thumbnail!! I was very impressed.

No comments: