Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sabo!

On Saturday, PF and I went on a mini-getaway. We left DN with PF's parents and checked into Royal Plaza on Scotts for 1 night. Finally! My first time sleeping through the night since DN was born. I was very excited.

As usual, I had grand plans and many tasks to accomplish during this "relaxing weekend". I wanted to shop for new tops, collect my phone from Motorola, laze by the pool, get a tan, read a book, cut my hair, get my eyebrows done, watch a movie, go for a romantic dinner and (haha) REST.

I'm a high achiever okay?!


We had dinner at Sushi Kikuzawa @ International Building, a nice little cubby hole of a restaurant / sushi bar. Ahhh... it was nice to eat SLOWLY and with BOTH hands, without a baby on the lap and drool on my skirt.


Shake Sushi

My favourite! It was cooked with a blow torch (is that what the chefs call it???) and had a little swipe of wasabi underneath. I hate wasabi, but this was so good. I don't know why!


Ebi, dunno-what-fish, Unagi

It was a buffet, so the chef just put on your plate what he thought you should be eating. When he wasn't looking, I quickly transferred the prawn sushi to PF's plate. :D



Spinach Salad

Wow. This was good. It was cold and the bonito flakes were delish!




Unagi Sushi

I've never tasted better Unagi. It was sliced so thin, it melted in my mouth! *phwoargh*!





Chicken Broth with Gingko

Nice and light. But only ONE gingko nut. Hmmph. -_-





Dinner was good, slow and relaxing. But I can't say the same about breakfast. We ate breakfast in 15 minutes because at 8am on Sunday morning, PF's parents called to ask us to come back and bring DN to the PD. He was covered in rashes, from head to toe!

Gone was the slow breakfast at the hotel restaurant, gone was the 3 helpings of scrambled eggs and waffles, gone was the nap after breakfast... *sighhh*

When we picked DN up, he was quite red and blotchy. His face had red patches all over, his back was red and so were his elbows, armpits and thighs. But he didn't seem uncomfortable and was happy to see us. Apparently, the redness had already gone down. It was worse at 4am. He had blisters on his body!

But wait, get this, on the way to the PD, it totally cleared up! He was as right as rain by the time we reached TMC. It was probably a weird case of heat rash. So we kept the air-conditioner on the whole day and all 3 of us just camped out in his room. DN had us all to himself for the whole day, the manipulative little thing.

DN sabo us big time!

No comments: