Friday, April 06, 2007

All hail the Sony Ericsson k800i

I've been trying to 'psycho' PF to buy a videocam. We do have one, but there are so many things wrong with it.

1. It's about 10 years old.
2. It records on DV tapes. (which means I have to convert it to digital form otherwise I can't upload squat)
3. The battery's all wonky and shuts down whenever it pleases.
4. The battery is the size of a brick, so can you imagine the size of the videocam itself???

and most importantly,

5. It doesn't look cool. It looks like a shoebox!

So I went scouting around Best Denki, looking at videocams. Canon, JVC, Toshiba? DV tape, DVD, Hard disk? Small, smaller, smallest? $800, $900, $1900? Goodness.

Then it hit me. Holy shitake! I could get one of those new fancy-shmancy phones that do everything except wash your dog!

So, allow me to present the amazing prowess of my new Sony Ericsson k800i.


Before
Boring picture of me and bak kwa.



After
Ta-dah! Me, bak kwa & beanie propeller cap! It definitely jazzes up one's outfit, doesn't it?




Before
Picture of me and weird grin (don't ask)



After
Voila! Nothing like a handlebar moustache to hide one's flaring nostrils.



Before
Picture of shell-shocked baby


After
Picture of shell-shocked baby and his thought bubble!





Before
Picture of DN in car seat



After
Picture of DN in car seat, and we now know what he's thinking!

"Bomb, skull and knife! I hate this car seat!"




... and the moment we've all been waiting for, DN's first video on the blog!

I cropped the video clips, mixed them together and added titles, all with the phone! Please forgive the 1st half of the video, besides not being able to bathe the dog, this phone can't rotate videos either. -_-




er... this is probably old news and old technology to all of you... just goes to show what a 'mountain tortoise' I am. I have finally emerged from under a rock!

No comments: