Wednesday, May 23, 2007

24 hours with DN

It was just DN and me today, so I attempted to be a (pseudo) photojournalist!

5.30am
DN wakes up for a milk feed and refuses to go back to sleep. So I throw some toys and books into his cot and go back to bed. He entertains himself for about 20 mins, then starts to shout for us to wake up. We drag our lame, ancient bones out of bed at 6.45am. -_-

8.04am
DN is eating his breakfast - barley cereal (bleah) and pear puree (yum!).

8.12am
Breakfast over. I wash his hands, face and hair (!!) coz Mr Ong loves to put his fingers in his barley-cereal-covered mouth and then in his hair. And in that order ONLY. -_-

8.37am
His brown rice porridge has been cooking for about an hour. Almost done!

8.56am
DN takes an early nap coz he was up early today.

9.40am
And he's up!

10.03am
Sometimes, I leave him alone in the cot, to teach him how to be independent. He can now play alone for up to 25 minutes. Of course, there are days when even 1 sec is impossible.

10.15am
Even I am bored, so we walk out to the main road to look at traffic. DN loves the buses and motorcycles especially.

10.34am
DN has the metabolism of a triathlete and sweats like one. By now, he's smelling a bit funny. I always start off by cleaning his tongue. Now I clean his teeth too! Hee!

11.36am
I've got a staff buffet lunch in town and DN is my (hot) date. We're on our way there.

12.32pm
DN is a hit. He was quite the ham and let everyone carry/pinch him. Here he's being fed by Aunty Jennifer.

1.48pm
He's down for a nap so the real eating starts! I attack the buffet spread with a vengeance. He slept for about an hour. Which means, I ate for about an hour. -_-

4.36pm
Decided to pop by my mom's place. Here's DN and his great-grandma.

6.31pm
DN stayed at his grandma's for about 2 hours and had his dinner (porridge and zucchini) there too. The poor guy knocked out in the car.

7.13pm
PF was already home so the three of us went for a walk. Here are the 2 chihuahuas in the neighbourhood that DN is fascinated by (and vice versa).

7.37pm
Decided to pay an impromptu visit to Aunty Nora who lives across the road. PF and I had some cheese and crackers and DN got to play with a baby carrot. What fun.

8.28pm
Storytime and then bedtime. This is DN's fav book right now - "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" by Eric Carle. I find that DN is more attracted to books with simple layouts than those books with lots of pictures and text. Easier for him to focus I guess.

No comments: