Sunday, September 02, 2007

I am ONE!

I started thinking about DN's birthday party about 2 months ago. (When I actually started planning for it is another thing altogether.) The "grand plan" included
  • getting a kick-ass cake
  • filling the restaurant with balloons (the entire ceiling must be covered that kind!)
  • learning how to scrapbook digitally
  • scrapping a digital invitation card for emailing to guests
  • learning how to scrapbook
  • scrapping a 12-page scrapbook of DN's first year (to show guests!)
  • losing 5kg
Sadly, but not surprisingly, the "grand plan" was downgraded to a "alamak-only-2-more-weeks" plan. We booked the restaurant 2 weeks ago, ordered the cake and called up guests last week, and yesterday, found the shop to fill up the (miserable) 13 balloons with helium. Ceiling covered with balloons? Prthhh. Scrapbook? Yeah right. Weight loss? Hahahahaha....

But, for something that was planned at the last minute, I think it went quite well! We went to Grand Shanghai for lunch. It was fab! We had
  • Cold Dish (braised egg, crispy spring roll, roasted pork - sio bak, crispy eel)
  • Wonton Soup
  • Peking Duck
  • Wuxi Pork Ribs with Fried Mantou (*smack*smack*... the BEST!*)
  • Xiao Long Bao
  • Guo Tie
  • Turnip Pastry
  • Braised noodles with duck
  • Egg Souffle with Red Bean and Banana (my fav!)
and of course... the CAKE!

On hindsight, I think we overfed our guests. Everyone was rolling out of the restaurant.


The ceiling was covered in balloons... NOT!

(and we didn't book the entire restaurant, only 5 tables... we're not that kua zhang la!)














DN and Ah Kong, his pal

Ah Kong brings DN for walks everyday and points out the birds, dogs and cats as they're on their way. :)


I love this balloon!




















The best birthday card ever... designed by my super talented cousin, S. (she painted in all the words and the baby is a paper cut-out ok!)
















The cake, with all its bells and whistles. (cue : wedding march music)

















DN and his grandma




















DN and his other grandma!




















Lao Ma, Lao Yi, DN and Uncle Lau











"Happy Birthday" is DN's new favourite song. He loves it!


















DN : "Everyone's clapping for me! I love it! I love it!"

Cheryl Lynn and Zachary are quite amused.
















DN : "Did you see the cake??? Is my mom marrying me off today?"


















DN : "Oh dear, I hope not."




















DN : "Ohhhhh... it's my first birthday. Right on you are!"








DN : "I am ONE!"

No comments: