Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day Out with Funny Bee

When my brother Josh (who's 17 years my junior) was little, LY used to come over and play with him all the time. Josh had this strange looking bee toy. It was a bee-robot-monster-thing and Josh loved it. LY came over one day, saw it and asked him what on earth it was. He said, "It's a funny bee."

Wah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I don't know why, but it cracked us up. Funny bee! He's 100% right! It IS a funny looking bee! From that day on, LY was known as Funny Bee. Even now (and he's 15 years old), he still calls her Funny Bee when he forgets to be macho, cynical and indifferent.

Since LY is so adverse to the name Aunty LY, I shall christian her Funny Bee again. Actually, if truth be told, it felt weird calling her Aunty LY too. Funny Bee sounds right. So LY, please reprise your role as Funny Bee, friend to all children and giver of good gifts! ;)

DN and I met Funny Bee, Kristie, Kyra, Ember & Imelda at Globetrotters for lunch yesterday. Globetrotters is the Mecca of all kiddie restaurants. Parents love it coz they get to dump their kids in the play room. Kiddies love it coz they get to dump their parents in the restaurant. Everyone's happy!

Before you can enter the play room, you have to remove your shoes. After removing DN's shoes, I told LY to take a whiff. Now, only a best friend will obey such an instruction. So she did and I'm not sure if I'm her best friend anymore. What she said cannot be published on this blog, haha. She can't believe that those little 14cm feet can produce such odours. Oh gosh. I can't imagine what they'll smell like when he's 15, and they are encased in socks and school shoes from 7am until 4pm.

The play room had everything a zoo had - screaming and sweaty children, monkeys climbing all over the place, and even a funky smell. Lovely. The play room assistant was walking around in a daze, looking very defeated. Poor thing. I bet she'd already made a vow to be celibate.

Ah well! At least the kiddies had fun!


Where's Wally DN?







DN found a slice of plastic bread in the play room and held it the entire time. Here he is baking it. Hee.






We went home for his afternoon nap and when he woke up at 5pm, LY and I decided to drop by the Mango sale at Isetan Scotts. * note to self: never bring a mobile and active baby into a changing room with curtains for doors.

We had dinner at Mos Burger and DN abandoned his fish and broccoli porridge when our corn soup and potato croquette arrived. I wonder why. -_-

"Broccoli vs deep fried mashed potato cutlet seasoned with special spices that you never put into my porridge. Go figure, Mom."


DN : "Thanks for bringing me and my mommy out Funny Bee!"

No comments: