Saturday, December 15, 2007

School's Out!

Finally! I'm so happy that our 2-week break is here. I'm kinda looking forward to taking care of DN all by myself for the next 2 weeks. I say "kinda" coz I know it will not be that easy switching from a weekend mom to a weekday mom. Today was my first day taking care of DN, the house, the dog and the fish. Okay, strike the fish. I forgot to feed them today.

When DN had his morning nap, I zipped about the house and mopped the 1st floor. I decided to mop the 2nd floor during his 2nd nap coz I wanted to shower and grab a quick breakfast. Just as I dropped my tea bag into my mug, I realised I hadn't cooked his lunch yet. #$@*!! So I quickly started cooking the porridge and preparing the broccoli and salmon. DN woke up when I was halfway through. Goodbye breakfast! See you in 2 weeks' time!


I stir-fried some salmon and broccoli florets with some grapeseed oil and salt. Mighty tasty!







I then mixed it into porridge.













After lunch, my best friend, LY, came over and she helped me mop the 2nd floor and looked after DN while I showered (again). I overheard her telling DN, "Do you want Auntie LY to carry you?". She has finally resigned to her fate as Auntie, not JIE JIE LY. (A fate which I accepted long ago when a Filipino helper asked me (at NTUC no less), "Auntie, where is the kaya?" I was tempted to leave her to her own devices for calling me "auntie", but I led her to the condiments section because I am... *sob*... an auntie-with-a-heart.)

At 3.45pm, Auntie LY helped me bundle DN into the car and off we went to My Gym for an X'mas party. Oh boy, and did DN have fun! The minute I plonked him down in the gym, he wandered off exploring and forgot that he ever had a mother.

"Mommy? Hmm... that word sounds familiar. Is it the name for those monkey bars over there?"

Sadly, hare-brained me forgot to bring my phone, so I don't have any photos of DN at the X'mas Party. :( But some of my friends kindly took photos for DN and I so I'll upload those pics later.

After the party, we had dinner at Sin Ma Seafood Restaurant at Geylang Lorong 3 with DN's Granduncle Eddy who's flying back to California tomorrow. When my mom fed DN his dinner in the car, I noticed a funny smell.

Me : Who farted in the car???
My mom : Not me.
Me : Well, it's not me either. DN, did you fart?
My mom : It's not him. It's the porridge.

OMG! I made fart porridge today! :(

Overall, it was a fun day. I didn't do too well with the flying solo bit coz I forgot to feed the fish and I had help from LY, the amah-on-wheels, who offered to mop my 2nd floor. I really admire SAHMs who fly solo EVERYDAY. (Like you, Ling!) They do everything from cleaning the house to wiping baby bums to even cooking lunch/dinner for the family. (Can meh!?) I am a little tired now, but after looking at these pictures taken today, I can't wait for tomorrow. :)


I found this pic in my phone this morning. Someone was playing with something he wasn't supposed to!







DN :"Oh crap. Shouldn't have taken that picture. Better run."










DN is such a camera whore. He's always smiling for the camera now!

No comments: