Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DN's Report Card #3

This is my mom's report card for the last day DN was with her.

"DN has taught me some mandarin words.

* xi shou = wash your hands
* shui = water
* kai = open
* xie xie = of course I know this

But, DN's greatest achievement was teaching me how to use your camera!!! Just now, I was looking through the photos with him. When I got to the photo with the fish, he kept saying, "Fish move!" and waved his hands. I moved onto the next photo but he kept on saying, "Fish move!" We went back and forth a few times. Finally, he said ,"Me PRESS!" So he did. And it was a video!

(I'd taken a video of some fish swimming when we went to the Botanic Gardens in September.)

He kept laughing when he heard you saying, "No no no."

(We were at the edge of the pond as I was taking the video and DN had actually lifted his foot and was suspending it over the water!)

We laughed a lot when we got to the picture of the Yew Kwai (his exact words) Thief.

(Yew char kway thief. Read previous post)

He had his bath at 8.30pm and was as fragrant as freshly washed laundry. Soon PF came. There was a plate of sliced pears (5 slices) meant for PF. DN put his fingers together and asked for a little. So I gave him half. Then he asked for a 'BIG' one. He got it too. Next he asked for a last one. This time I put my foot down and told him that it was meant for others. In typical DN style, he offered everybody a slice.

One for Cho Cho - "Cho Cho eat"
One for Papa - "Papa eat"
One for me - "Ah Ma eat"

I was thinking, "Such a nice kid. Respecting others so much and being so considerate." Then I realised DN 's craving will only stop if the dish is empty.

He really lit up our weekend and I don't mind him spending more weekends with me."

Awww, thanks Mom! :) Great! Now PF and I can take little weekend holidays!!!!! HAHAHAHA...

No comments: