Monday, October 27, 2008

DN's Report Card #2

This is part 2 (of 3) of the "report cards" from DN's grandma. She looked after him for 3 days.

"We went to Tiong Bahru market this morning and a lady approached me and said he recognised the bag I was carrying (that's DN's diaper bag). It's June's! She told me she was Reubern's mom. At that moment, DN knocked down a bowl of soya bean. Mama and I were so engrossed with cleaning the mess I forgot to take a picture and worst of all, I couldn't find the tissue paper in your famous bag.

Josh , DN and I waited in a corner whilst Mama went to get some vegetables. I was holding a plastic bag with some yew char kuay in it. DN was next to me. While waiting, and unknowing to me, DN had spotted the yew char kuay and bent down to take a bite of it straight out of the plastic bag! Josh caught the culprit on camera. I'll get PF to send you the picture.

He didn't sleep the whole afternoon. I did try to put him down for a nap. I dozed off and DN didn't. When I woke up, minutes later, I saw him holding a marker pen and drawing on the pillow. He had marks on his nose and hands. Of course I gave him a little slap on his wrist and he teared up like a hound. P I T I F U L.

He didn't sleep until 8pm. He got up at 9.45pm pleading to speak to "Papa". Well that didn't last long and he finally slept.

I confess, I denied him his beloved "NYAR NYAR" (that's what DN has christianed his pacifier). That's why he couldnt sleep.

"YOU WIN. Ah Ma gives up. Take it!"


The evidence was telling.

No comments: