Sunday, October 05, 2008

An Overdue Hot Date (!)

Once you have kids, your social life just goes to the dogs. They ravage it like a piece of meat, throwing it into the air, blood splattering all over the ground as they rip it to pieces, swallowing it hungrily like starving beasts. Me? Bitter? Noooooooooo...

My sister gave me a voucher for a birthday dinner at Pierside Kitchen LAST YEAR because she knew that PF and I stopped "going out". We finally snatched some time away last week. We had no choice because I was set to leave in a few days and the voucher was going to expire in December! (There's nothing like an expiring voucher to get a Singaporean off her butt eh?)

I'm glad we got our butts moving because we had a wonderful time laughing, cam-whoring and basically being mountain tortoises. I think our last nice dinner (alone) was 2 years ago, at Kuriya, the day before I gave birth. If only I had known eh? ;) Kuriya would have had to drag me, with legs kicking no less, out of the restaurant.

Anyway, I would recommend the Pierside Kitchen for a nice "reasonable" dinner. We shared a set dinner for $100 and ordered an extra main. The set included an appetiser, starter, main and a dessert. Look!


Before dinner started, we were welcomed with one of these. I've forgotten what they're called. It was crab meat with romaine lettuce, cheese and a slice of, erm, crispy bread!

Parma ham with fig and walnut toast, sweet onion and wild rocket, apricot and tomato chutney

Maine lobster linguini aglio olio with sweet basil and chili


(PF's main)
Slow roasted Tasmanian rack of lamb with Jerusalem artichokes, toasted walnuts and crispy shallots, confit of kohrabi
(My main)
Oven roasted miso cod with minted pea puree



Red plum and water apple strudel with bourbon vanilla ice cream and sour prune sorbet (seng buay!)


PF + June cam-whoring

We were so full, we rolled out of the restaurant. Full, but happy, and holding hands. :)

No comments: