Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Preparing for the arrival of HRH

Not only am I preparing for HRH's amusement for the duration of his stay here, I am also preparing his habiliments. Ahhh, such is the life of the subjects of His Royal Highness.

But it means I have a valid reason to go shopping, heh heh.

DN will be here during winter so he needs to be appropriately garbed. It's predicted to be colder than last year, but milder than the long term average. It's probably going to hover just above 0 degrees I think. I'm just grateful I'm in the South of England, not the North, brrr... I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold. But DN is probably not. That boy has an insane metabolic rate. He sweats even during sedentary activities in an air-con room. (i.e. Sleeping!) As for me, the only activity happening in my body during sedentary activities is the movement of fats to my posterior.

Ho hum. -_-

Anyway, I've been looking out for warm clothes for DN. Sainbury's had a 25% off all clothes sale recently and I picked up footed jammies for £4.50 (yeah, it came with a matching hat!)...

... a hooded fleece jumper (£3.75)...

... and a 3-piece set for £9.75 (look at those funny ears, heh heh)!

I also picked up some stuff at the charity shops - a Gap lined long-sleeved shirt (£1.49), a Next jumper (£1.75), padded puffy trousers (69p) and a beanie (49p). Just 2 cycles in the washing machine and they're good to go!
I :heart: charity shops!

No comments: