Saturday, December 13, 2008

Andover Museum

Today, we drove half an hour to Andover because I had to pick up another toy I bought on Ebay. Oops. I promise this will be the last one. Since we were there, I thought we might as well check out the Andover Museum. (It's free!) After a few wrong turns, we found it, and boy was I relieved that no one had puked.

You see, we drove to Southampton yesterday to stock up at Yau Brothers and we got lost. Halfway during the journey, DN started whining and my brother, Josh, started turning a suspicious shade of green. I was fine because I was in front shouting unhelpfully at PF to, "Turn right! (but pointing left) Reverse! Take the 1st, 2nd or 3rd turning! (he got really frustrated with this one) 4th exit at the roundabout! Wait, we're not supposed to see any more roundabouts! Er sorry, I think we were supposed to turn left just now. U-turn! U-TURN!" I think there were 3 beings that wanted to throw me out of the car yesterday. PF couldn't because he was driving. Josh couldn't because his hands were holding his lunch in. DN couldn't because his hands are just too short.

My goodness, when we finally found the elusive *spit with venom* Prince's Street, all of us literally collapsed out of the car. Josh bent over next to the car and started dry-retching. In the supermarket, DN puked. :( And I held it (the puke). :(((

At this point, I'd like to say that PF has to shoulder some blame too. My silly husband is so worried that our son will get frostbite that he turns the heater in the car up to 28 degrees, FULL POWER. Keep in mind that the temperature outside is around 5 degrees. Now, what happens when hot air meets cold air? Condensation right? And boy, did we have more than our fair share of condensation in the car. It's amazing how PF could still drive - it was fogging up so badly in our car that from the outside, we must have looked like a carful of chain-smoking hippies. The heat and stuffiness probably made them extra ill. So it's not really my fault you see! Anyway, back to the Andover Museum. And how we were so relieved to find it with our stomachs intact. :D

It's a tiny little museum that chronicles England's Iron Age. I didn't explore it that thoroughly because I was checking out all the kids' activities with DN. He really enjoyed the colouring station. Psst! Do you recognise the jumper Dawn? ;)

There was a smaller side exhibition entitled "Hair" that looked at anything related to hair - hairstyles throughout the ages, retro hairdryers, the make-up of hair etc. I like how it actually catered to all ages. DN entertained himself there for close to half an hour. There was a kids' corner and in it was this basket of playmobil toys. Look carefully - it's a hairdressing salon scene! Cool bananas.


What do you think DN is doing here?


He's combing the doll's hair with this!

After that, he tried to brush his teeth with it. -_-

The Natural History Room was really child-friendly. There were 2 low tables with all sorts of activities - wooden puzzles, board games and even a bookmark making station.


No comments: