Monday, December 08, 2008

Reunited... and it feels so good!
You should play this song as you read this post. Hur hur hur!

I promised an update on our "reunion" so here it is.

As erm, predicted, the grand reunion didn't really go according to plan. The unfortunate (and unplanned) combination of me hitting the snooze button twice (sorry PF!!) and getting lost driving around the airport made me late. They were already standing outside the gate waiting for me when I ran in at 7.10am. The flight got in at 6.20am. I thought it would take at least an hour for them to clear customs and collect their luggage, so technically, I was early okay? (Trust my luck for Heathrow to be effective on this day of all days.) I even brought a book to read while waiting for them! PF saw the book and the look on his face read, "I can't believe this woman!"

DN saw me before I saw him, and according to PF, he said, "There! Mummy!" From a distance, I could see him grinning away! He looked so happy! Of course, I ran like a blinking idiot, arms flailing unglamourously, to DN. PF let him down and we ran and crashed into each other. He hugged me so tightly and couldn't stop smiling! Oh, it was a wonderful moment! I don't want to ever forget it. Finally, PF let go of me and I hugged DN next.

Haha. JUST KIDDING.

Because I was late, we got in and out of the car park in under 15 minutes so our parking was free. Ho ho. A good thing too, because parking is like 2.50 pounds per 15 minutes. Ack.

I can't begin to explain how happy I am to see DN again. He's changed so much since I last saw him 10 weeks ago. A few times, I've caught myself looking at him and thinking, "Is this the same DN?". I can't believe how talkative he is now! 10 weeks ago, he was only saying selective words, literally just WORDS. Now he's saying actual, complete SENTENCES and he keeps repeating after me like a parrot. Goodness. I'm still so tickled by it all, I can't help giggling when he talks. It's too cute, buay tahan.

Thankfully, DN switched to UK time immediately and has no jet lag at all. He went to bed at 730pm last night and got up at 7am today. Just now, he slept at 815pm. I think it helped that they took the non-stop red-eye flight. DN managed to sleep for about 10 hours (of the 14 hour flight) on the plane and when they arrived at 6.20am, it's just like he's starting a brand-new day. :) I don't think it'll be as easy going back to SG though.

After his nap at 10.30am, we ventured out and checked out the Winchester Christmas Market where PF and DN feasted on mulled wine and a gingerbread man cookie, respectively.

You can take the Singaporeans out of Singapore, but you can't take Singapore out of the Singaporeans.

Today, we went out to get a temporary carpet to lay over the horrible, grubby, thread-bare one in the flat. I don't know what kind of little creatures are living in it and what has been dropped on it before, and don't want to know actually. Well, we found this good buy at a 50%, then 20% discount - 80 pounds 40 pounds 32 pounds! And it's vinyl too! Carpets and toddlers with a tendency to drop food are not a good match at all.

Here's Mr Happy playing with Scoop, Muck, Roley, Lofty and Skip. He's a happy little bub.

And so am I. :)

No comments: