Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pass the detergent and scouring pad

Before PF and DN got here, I had been on my own for 2.5 months. That's 10 weeks of home-sickness. 10 weeks of boredom. 10 weeks of bad eating. And 10 weeks of unrestrained swearing! Woot!

When DN arrived, I really had to watch myself and curb the sailor in me. But just the other day, I tripped on the pavement while carrying DN and I forgot myself. Before you can say "what the hell?", a few choice words exploded out of me and rained on DN's ears. Here's the exact conversation that ensued, adapted for all ages.

Fisherman's wife trips on the pavement and almost drops the baby.
FW : F***!
(realising that I'd just said the BIG no-no) FW : Sh**!
(realising that I'd just sworn again BECAUSE of swearing) FW : Ah, dam**t!
DN : !!!

And then, I really shut up because swearing at a rate of 1 choice word per second is not funny when your toddler has entered the parroting stage and has already started saying "oh dear" when he drops something.

Pass the detergent and the scouring pad. If I'm not careful, soon, little children, their mothers and other assorted little animals will be running away from my toddler at the playground, who will probably be (notoriously) known as "that BAD one".

No comments: