Friday, December 05, 2008

Finally

I can officially say it now... I'm going to see DN tomorrow! I've been waiting for this day for 10 weeks and it's finally here. I miss the little bub so much. Right now, I've got grand ideas of what our reunion will be like...

I will be waiting outside the gate and DN and PF walk out. DN spots me and shouts, "MA MA! MA MA!". PF puts him down and he runsssss to me, arms wide open and slams into me and starts hugging and kissing me (er... I'm thinking of DN here, not the husband. He's Asian and we're known to be conservative). And then PF saunters up, looks at my perfect outfit (turtleneck sweater dress, tights and boots) and says, "Hey you. Have you lost weight?" Ah bliss!

Sorry, excuse me a while. Let me remove my rainbow-tinted glasses. Ah... the grey looks familiar. This is what I think our reunion will look like.

First of all, I will look like what the cat stole from the garbage bin and THEN dragged in because their flight arrives at 6.20am and I have to start driving really early because I'm about an hour and a half from Heathrow. So no turtleneck sweater dress, tights and boots. Hello eyebags and jeans. I will probably miss PF and DN as they walk out because I'm so blind. After half an hour of impatient waiting, they take 5 years off my life by coming up from behind and scaring the bejesus out of me with, "Where were you??!" By this time, DN is cranky and whiny because it's been a LONG flight. And instead of "Hey you. Have you lost weight?", my husband says, "Help me carry this. DN, where are you going? It's mummy!"

-_____-"

We'll see huh? Keep your fingers crossed for #1 and watch this space for an update.
You all know I've been prepping the scene for DN's arrival yes? With the clothes, books and toys. Well, at this point, can I just say that I'm in LOVE with ebay? As in, deep, infatuated and forbidden love. *sigh... vapid smile on face* Ebay lets me be my true self. Ebay doesn't judge what I search for. Ebay is ALWAYS there. Ebay doesn't care if you have no makeup on and are in your long johns, a pink dressing gown (with hearts) and fluffy slippers (with sequins). I heart you, ebay!

See? Without ebay, I wouldn't have been able to get this ELC kitchen set for only £10. *smug*

There's even a little light over the stove for better cooking, and when you turn it on, a sizzling sound accompanies it. And yup, all the crockery and cutlery came with the set. Best!
Ah! Ebay! Without you, I'd never have found this Bob the Builder set of toys for £15.


Now, tell me you don't love ebay. I dare you!
postscript : I've self-imposed an ebay ban on myself. The prospect of shipping a container back to Singapore is becoming more and more probable.

No comments: