Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Breakfast Bento and a Benstrosity

Over the weekend, I attempted to bento all of DN's meals. WA-HAHAHA. Yeah, I too don't know who slipped the hallucinatory drugs into my system. Sneaky bugger must have done it on Friday night. 

Anyway, I woke up all charged and ready to bento on Saturday morning. And this is DN's bento that morning. 

Besides the slice of raisin bread, DN's got sweet potato flowers (with a carrot centre that I punched out with a straw), 2 dried apricots, 4 chewy multi-vits and erm, quartered fishballs on a pick. I've decided to call it "What-a-strange-combination Bento". Hmm, at least it's colourful. 

He didn't touch the sweet potatoes. I should have figured that out already. If it causes me grief, heartache, pain and takes too much TIME, he probably won't eat it. My son is such a grateful child. Bah.

Okay, for the next part of this blog post, please make sure there are no little children around you. What you're going to see next will probably cause some of them to burst into tears or start shaking with fear. Because this is one scary looking bento lunch! When PF first saw it, he went, "Aiyoh!" Yes, I also have a very grateful husband. -___-

This is so embarrassing. I almost didn't blog about this, but I thought, what the heck, every bento has its (off) day right? I'm still amazed that DN's retina didn't spontaneously combust and is still working fine despite looking at this benstrosity (geddit?! ah, my wit kills me). I was almost embarrassed to give it to him.
 
The first thing DN did was eat the seaweed eyebrows and mouth. I quickly ate the carrot eyes because I swear, them eyes were following me around the kitchen! Brrr... spooky. After we collectively demolished the frightening face, DN proceeded to eat all the fried rice underneath. 

I haven't bento-ed since Saturday. Go figure.

No comments: