Friday, February 20, 2009

Early Bird Breakfast Show

I much prefer going to the zoo than the bird park. In fact, I've brought DN to the zoo about 8 times in all, and to the bird park only once. Hmm... I don't know, feathered friends don't really do it for me. But if birds had fur, ah! I might change my mind. ;)

That said, I have to admit that there's a new thing at the Bird Park that has made me feel a little more affectionate towards birds. It's the Early Bird Breakfast Show at the Bongo Burgers Cafe. It's quite a novel treat! As long as you buy breakfast from the cafe, you're entitled to a shady seat outdoors, next to a little pond with ducks and swans. So you have breakfast as the bird show goes on and the best thing is, it's free! The cafe is located outside the Bird Park, so technically, you can just go there for breakfast and not pay $18 to enter the park.

The show is not bad really. No vultures swooping over your heads or penguins diving into the pond of course, but we did get to take pictures with a parrot and DN and Jovann both got to feed the ducks. It's a half hour show and we got to see some parrots up close too. The trainer actually brought the parrots up close to every table so we could see the bird perform little tricks. Like sticking out its tongue at us. Er, yes, thank you.

Except for the breakfast selection which could do with a MAJOR upgrade in terms of variety, and the cut-throat prices for beverages ($5 for ice milo??! *£$&"@~), it's a pretty enjoyable morning out. Guess who's bringing her own ice milo in a thermos next time?

No comments: