Monday, February 09, 2009

We're back!

Ha! I never thought the day would come when I would sweat in Changi Airport, but that's exactly what all three of us did last night. Especially DN. The poor guy's hair was literally plastered to his face as we had dinner at the food court.

According to PF, DN was good on the plane, i.e. no ostracising or booing from the other passengers because of a screaming child. (I was on another flight, just an hour after them. Long story, but I really wanted to take the 13 hour flight together with PF and DN. Ahem. Honest. Really.)

It was a 10pm flight out of Heathrow so that meant two things.

  1. DN would sleep for a good part of the flight. He ended up sleeping for 9-10 hours. :)
  2. When we get back to SG, he's not going to sleep for the next 9-10 hours. And we got back at 6pm. :(

So yeah, I have a jet-lagged toddler in the house. At 12am last night, he was still bouncing off the walls, so we went out to eat roti prata and maggi mee goreng. I bet people around us were wondering what on earth kind of parents we were to bring our toddler out at 1am to eat prata and drink teh-o-ice-limau.

It's going to be hellish switching DN back to SG time because I'm already on SG time! PF had a good idea though. We're going to bring him to the Night Safari tomorrow while he's still jet-lagged. Haha!

5 Things I Will Miss Abt The UK

  • Snow in my hair (it's so pretty because my hair is black!)
  • Charity shops (I bought the perfect retro tea set for only £5!)
  • Exploiting the weak pound during the sales (ha!)
  • Polite drivers (only in Hampshire though, not London!)
  • DN's smell at the end of the day (there's none because he doesn't sweat!)

5 Things I Won't Miss Abt The UK

  • The cold! Brr!
  • Fish and Chips, Sausage and Chips, Chicken and Chips, Burger and Chips... you get the drift
  • My crazy neighbour from downstairs who banged on his ceiling when DN jumped on the floor... gila, I tell you!
  • The crazy prices at Chinese restaurants (we were paying £3 for a bowl of rice!)
  • How everything shuts down at 5pm... I come from a country with Mohamad Mustafa, come on!

No comments: