Monday, January 04, 2010

Chinese Birthdays

If you've been following this blog, you will remember that DS was due on the same day that her brother was due - 4 September. DN eventually popped out on 2 September, so I was willing myself to give birth again on 2 September too. How cool would that be! (And cheap! Because they have no reason to complain when I combine birthday parties!) Alas, when 29 August rolled around, wild horses could not have stopped DS from making her appearance. I was gutted, but you don't mess with labour and a baby that wants to come out NOW. I'm probably still going to pull the "combined birthday party" trick, but I think I have to agree to two cakes. At least I'll get to choose two flavours. Ha!

The kiddos don't have the same "English" birthday, but they have the same "Chinese" birthday. So yes, my parents-in-law are very pleased. I really do try to be the dutiful daughter-in-law. Heh.

Anyway, Christmas Day was also DS's 4th month Chinese birthday. I don't know the significance (so if anybody knows, I'd love to know!), but it's tradition to shave a baby when he or she reaches this all-important month. We didn't shave DS, but PF did cut a lock of her hair (which he later threw on the floor... men!). DN observed the entire process and later tried to give his little sister a hair cut too. Sorry, I meant BUZZ cut.



Poor Mei Mei. She looked absolutely befuddled!

ps : Are you excited about Raffle Wednesday? :)

No comments: