Sunday, January 03, 2010

Can you say "par-teh"?


The September 2006 "babies" had their annual Christmas party (this is their 3rd) a few days before Christmas and it was a BLAST! In every sense of the word. From the word "go", the tots were literally blasting all over the place at supersonic speed. Seriously. It was like someone shot them out of cannons. Who fed them sugar??!

There was much planning that went into the party - location, food, decorations, goodie bags and entertainment. We were worried the kids would get bored with nothing to do in the function room, so there were games and a storytelling-cum-drama session. Well, we needn't have bothered because all they needed was a long table to run around. And around. And around. And around.

And around!

But we did the storytelling-cum-drama session anyway, and the kids LOVED it! I would post the video here, but I don't think I want to crush PF's macho image. (He was Goldilocks, wahahaha!).


On the menu : Roasted chicken, Angel hair pasta in tomato sauce, Shepherd's pie, Salad (for good bowel movements!)

 

Sweet treats include : Mini doughnuts, Gingerbread men, Log cake (not in pic), Fruits (again, for good bowel movements)


The goodie bags! Inside was a candy can pen, a snowman cup, a colouring booklet and sweets.


No Christmas is complete without a tree and presents right? Well, that's what I told PF after suggesting we bring our tree to the function room. He gave me a "my wife is bonkers" look. So I gave him my "I gave birth to two of your children... without epidural" look (and tirade!). 

The tree went in the car.


Aunty Krist surprised everyone by secretly getting one of those face painters for the party. Arianne's getting a butterfly here.


And Jovann is getting a spiderman one here. I thought DN would be keen on getting a "tattoo" too, but he refused. Does this mean I don't have to worry about him and tattoos in 16 years' time?


Too fast too furious! Couldn't get a proper pic of Reubern on the bike!

 
But Mr Camwhore obliged, every time!


DN : I detect hints of mature oak and, erm, fennel(!). This red has a racy streak and yet, subtle nutty undertones. Easy on the palate. Hmmm... a 1972?

Arianne : Aiyoh, just bottoms up!!



DN : You mean, like this?



DN, Jovann, Reubern, Clarice, Arianne, Rochelle

Not in pic : Sophie (We miss you!)


The party was great fun. A bit crazy because of all the headless-chicken-running-around the kids were doing, but great fun nonetheless. And you know what they say about having too much fun and nightmares right? DN woke up crying in the middle of the night that night and I caught him saying, "Snowman! Snowman! I don't want the snowman!"

ps : Raffle Wednesday coming up soon! ;) Stay tuned...

No comments: