Sunday, March 14, 2010

Boys and Superheroes

PF : See you later alligator!
DN : Nooooo... I'm not alligator. I am... BEN 10!

*slap forehead*

Hmm, I see a few of you out there slapping your foreheads too. What is it with boys and superheroes? I think they all just want an excuse to wear their underwear on the outside.

DN is in love with Ben 10. Now, he is "Der Nen Ben 10!" (don't forget the exclamation mark), PF is "Papa Ben 10!", I am "Mummy Ben 10!" and DS is "Mei Mei Ben 10!"

DN : Mummy Ben 10?
Me : Yes, Der Nen Ben 10?
DN : Mummy Ben 10, can I have a gummy please?
Me : Okay Der Nen Ben 10.
DN : Thank you Mummy Ben 10! Where is Papa Ben 10?
Me : Oh, he's in the toilet putting on his cape and pulling underwear up over his lycra tights.

Yes, sometimes we really do speak like that.

DN has also started making superhero names for himself. It's really easy. You can do it too. Just add "-man" at the end of a noun, any noun. Think "spider-man", "super-man", "bat-man" and "aqua-man". So, depending on what DN happens to be doing at the time, he could be "water-man", "biscuit-man" and even "cooking-man".

The other day, the Rolling Stones t-shirt I ordered for DN arrived in the mail. PF and I taught him the rock pose and how to stick his tongue out. Hilarious!


We also told him that that's a Rolling Stones t-shirt. When he wore it again few days later, he launched into his rocker pose, complete with his tongue sticking out and proudly told his Uncle Josh, "Look! I am Rolling Pin Man!"

ROFL!

No comments: