Sunday, June 10, 2007

My sister is DN's 2nd biggest fan. (My mom's the President of the "DN Forever" Club.) This blog was actually started for her coz she's not in SG.

We used to hate each other. To. The. Core. When we fought, hair was pulled, stomachs were kicked, heads were pushed. No mercy man. She was bad-tempered, unreasonable and annoying like hell. But because I was older and the more patient of the two, our mom always told me, "You know your sister right? Just let her play with it first lah. She's younger than you."

What to do? Give in lor!

I remember being being called away from class once by her Chinese teacher. I was in Pri 4 and she was in Pri 2. When I got to her class, I saw her sitting on the floor with the rest of her class, with a sheepish look on her face. She didn't study for her ting xie (spelling test) and her teacher took it out on me. What did I do? I ratted on her the minute we got home. :D

My sister has a fiery spirit. She is/was prone to making sudden decisions. When she was in Pri 3 or 4, I can't remember, she tried to run away from home after an argument with our mom. Well, technically she did. She told me she was running away and then she left the house. Just like that, with nothing. No extra food, clothes, money or forward planning because she came back less than half an hour later to use the toilet. LOL!

Anyway, we don't hate each other anymore.

I'm so proud of my little sister. She has been studying to be a Speech Therapist and just completed her last exam. Because she studies about child development, she has been giving me little nuggets of information about babies and how they grow and develop. Like this email ...

Hi che,

I was just looking at BB's swimming video again. The theory is so true. When u put DN face down or back down, his arms and legs start kicking and moving violently. In contrast, when u have him propped up, mainly his legs move and you don't see his arms moving
violently because the reflex is not stimulated when he is not in the face down/back down position. This is called a "Swimming Reflex" - seen in babies from 2 months to 5 months but usually lasts longer actually. This reflex is inborn and helps the baby survive when they are accidentally dropped in water. I've watched videos where 5 month-old babies can actually swim (while holding their breath - that's another reflex) for a short distance, then they stop coz they are so damn tired.

hehehehe.

dawn


This is my sister, the speech therapist.










That's her (in blue) and her hamster trick - stuffing chocolates into her cheeks. The little one on my left, in red, is my cousin Jaslyne.


I hope DN will have a brother / sister who is as wonderful as mine. (But not yet! Not yet! I still haven't recovered from childbirth!)

No comments: