Saturday, September 20, 2008

All zoo-ed out! (Part 2)

On Day 2, we went to the zoo with Sam, WP + Jovann and Ling + Sophie (and her pink parasol). The first thing we did was feed the kangaroos at the Australian Outback enclosure. Highly recommended! $5 is a small price to pay to feed the kangaroos, pet the kangaroos and hold hands with the kangaroos! (Yes, you read right. See pic below.) Oh, I absolutely loved it. The kangaroo that we fed was called Lola and she had the softest fur. It reminded me of a kangaroo fur pouch my mom had yonks ago. Oops. Yes, Lola felt like a bag. -_-

We also saw a wallaby. Wallabies are smaller than kangaroos, have shorter ears and (very) dangly... erm... spherical private bits. Oops.

Next, we headed towards the pony rides ($4 per child). Unfortunately, none of the kiddos wanted to sit on Buddy the pony. The keeper was really really nice. He allowed us to pet Buddy and get up close, hoping that the kids would lose their inhibitions, but no dice. I bet Buddy was relieved, haha. Thank goodness I didn't say, "Can I have a go then?" because not long after, I overheard him telling someone else, "The pony ride is only for kids. No adults." PHEW! If I'd sat on Buddy, I'd probably have to pay for his chiropractor bills. For life.

We had lunch after and after that, we decided to check out the elephant rides ($4 per child, $8 per adult). Jovann was so excited because he loves elephants. I wasn't so keen because I was forced to sit on an elephant when I was little and I hated it. In those days, you literally sat ON the elephant. And Babar's not exactly a Mexican Hairless Dog. I swear I had chafing.

But as luck would have it, DN asked to sit on the elephant. (What was wrong with Buddy???) So up we went. And it wasn't bad at all! Ling said DN looked quite shell-shocked the entire time though, haha.
Our last stop was the orang utan free-range enclosure (what an oxymoron) and then we headed back. All three went home to nap. (kids, not the parents)
It was a good day. :)

DN started the day with a hearty breakfast - scrambled eggs on a bed of seaweed, rock melons (he asked for an extra helping), half a bowl of oats, a cup of soya milk and 2 chewy multi-vits.


Sophie and DN were not in the least bit afraid of the kangaroo. It must have been her friendly face. :)





DN and Lola, sharing a "moment".









They were really holding hands, er, paws, er hands!










We caught Lola doing "something" while eating. Hmm. Sophie has agreed to potty train her.








That's Gambir the elephant. She's 19 years old and also not potty-trained. Sophie's going to share some potty tips with her too.





Picture Of The Day --> Lola going, "Hello la! I'm a kangaroo! I'm allowed to pee and poop all over the place!"

No comments: