Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The Taste of Freedom


As you already know, my confinement ended last Tuesday. WOOT! Being cooped up at home for a whole month did wonders for my sanity, looks (my eyebrows now look like this) and body (no exercise + 3 heavy meals daily = this). So the day I received my "get out of jail" card, I got the hell out of there faster than you can say, "And this is what I really think about confinement!" *insert rude sign*

What do you think I did on my first trip out?

Eat?

Shop?

Massage?

Pedicure?

Trim eyebrows?

The answer of course, is EAT! We went to our favourite haunt - Shimbashi Soba and I had my usual "dessert and tea" set. Ah... absence makes the heart go fonder and the dessert tastier! And this, my dear friends, is what freedom looks like. :)

(clockwise from top)
vanilla ice cream, fried soba chips (partially hidden), mochi with peanut powder,
cheesecake crepe with orange sauce, rice mochi with red bean paste


As it was our first trip out with DS, we made it a quick one. Remembering our very first trip out with DN and how we used NOTHING in the diaper bag, we refused to learn our lesson and again left the house with a bag that was heavier than the baby. Well at least we were prepared. For 3 months in a bomb shelter.

Of course, DS was a little dream. Except for a little bit of fussing, PF and I had a pretty relaxing tea. :)

No comments: